Financial Release<< Back
Trimble and VayaVision Establish Alliance to Make Intelligent Automation Even Smarter
The alliance is focused on advancing data fusion for multi-sensor systems such as LiDAR, cameras and GNSS. These sensors are used to produce reliable environmental mapping, which is critical for autonomous solutions. The result is expected to enable improvements in the performance of autonomous machines operating in challenging work environments or when supporting safety-critical applications.
Both companies will collaborate to advance autonomous development and adoption with a customizable portfolio that can potentially benefit agriculture, construction and mining professionals in several ways by:
- Improving operational efficiency, decreasing labor costs and reducing project timelines
- Helping customers scale their automation efforts—from driver assistance features to fully autonomous solutions
- Offering a flexible, customer-centric approach to product engineering and implementation
- Reducing customer development costs and accelerating time to market with machine automation
- Augmenting or replacing human control to create a safer work environment through path optimization, obstacle avoidance and situational awareness
- Improving sustainability by optimizing vehicle functionality and utilization with automation to reduce idle time, fuel consumption and environmental impact
"Our business model is to collaborate with strategic partners to integrate our core technologies into their platform products which, in turn, can be used across multiple end applications. The alliance positions
About VayaVision, A
VayaVision, based in
LeddarTech, which acquired VayaVision in 2020, is a leader in environmental sensing platforms for autonomous vehicles and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). Founded in 2007, LeddarTech has evolved to become a comprehensive end-to-end environmental sensing company by enabling customers to solve critical sensing and perception challenges across the entire value chain of the automotive and mobility market segments. LeddarVision™ was designed using VayaVisions' VayaDrive and LeddarTech's LeddarSense technology. It is a sensor-fusion and perception platform that is cost-effective, scalable, and a versatile LiDAR development solution for automotive-grade solid-state LiDARs based on the LeddarEngine™. LeddarTech enables Tier 1-2 automotive system integrators to develop full-stack sensing solutions from Level 1-5. This platform is actively deployed in autonomous shuttles, trucks, buses, delivery vehicles, smart city/factory, and robotaxi applications. The company is responsible for several innovations in cutting-edge automotive and mobility remote-sensing applications, with over 95 patent or patent pending technologies, which enhance ADAS and autonomous driving capabilities. Visit: www.leddartech.com.
About Trimble Autonomy
Trimble Autonomy is developing solutions and services that enable the next generation of autonomous functionality to improve productivity and safety.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/trimble-and-vayavision-establish-alliance-to-make-intelligent-automation-even-smarter-301245187.html
Lea Ann McNabb, Trimble, +1 408-481-7808, firstname.lastname@example.org, Daniel Aitken, LeddarTech Inc., + 1-418-653-9000 ext. 232, email@example.com