Financial Release<< Back
Pedernales Electric Cooperative Goes Live with Trimble's Network Information System
"Working closely with Trimble's professional services team, we were able to complete another major implementation of Trimble software on-time and on-budget," said
The Trimble NIS solution suite provides state-of-the-art network asset management tools to support utilities' business processes. At the heart of Trimble NIS is a fully connected "live" network model built on a single database that provides for comprehensive network documentation, topology and full lifecycle support of network assets. From long-term planning to staking, construction planning and maintenance, NIS offers seamless interoperability between the office and the field.
As PEC's system of record, Trimble NIS also serves as the foundation for Trimble's DMS and operational administration of PEC's electric network including outage management and response. Trimble DMS features core Outage Management System (OMS) capabilities that can boost a utility's outage response and service restoration times, improve communications and safety with crews and customers, and enhance the electric network's overall operational efficiency.
"This project is a great example of the Trimble and PEC teams working closely together to effectively implement a robust solution that will maximize PEC's ability to deliver safe and reliable power to the people and communities of their growing service area," said
Trimble NIS includes functional modules and capabilities for:
- Investment and Project Planning for general targets and budgeting, calculation of network values, investment prioritization, replacement valuation and costs, and post-investment reports and analysis
- Construction Planning for flexible plan management, cost planning and comprehensive network modeling, contractor and field planning, and interfacing to external enterprise information systems
- Spatial Analysis for advanced network spatial modeling and statistical analysis, advanced analysis and visualization of results
- Contract Management for managing land use agreements and right of way contracts
- Maintenance Management for maintenance and work planning, inspection projects and budgeting
- Reports and Dashboard tool for building highly configurable network system reports and visualization of key system statistics
- Utility to Go for maintenance operations, viewing, editing and tracing the electric network in the field on any mobile device, operating system or platform
Trimble NIS also empowers electric utilities to extend the investment they've made in back office systems through seamless integration to such systems as Customer Information Systems (CIS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Engineering Analysis systems, Work Management Systems (WMS), systems and more.
About Trimble's Energy Division
Trimble's Energy Division provides enterprise solutions that enable hundreds of electric and natural gas utilities worldwide to optimize distribution networks with strategic and operative asset management solutions for planning and construction to operations and maintenance. Trimble's modular and interoperable energy solutions include advanced capabilities for network modeling and management, investment and construction planning, outage management, maintenance management as well as mobile applications for field data collection and as-built documentation. Electric and natural gas utilities use Trimble's energy solutions to improve system reliability, enhance system integrity, lower operational costs, better meet regulatory requirements, increase safety, reduce risk and achieve planning and operational excellence. For more information, visit: http://energy.trimble.com.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. For more information about
News Provided by Acquire Media